Covid-19: Information on the current situation
Last update: 18/09/2020
the current situation is a challenge for all of us. It is possible to ride freely in Europe again - incidentally, more safely in a holiday home than in any other form of vacation! Unfortunately, we still have a very high volume of emails, which is why there can be significantly longer waiting times when answering queries than you are used to from us.
Due to the high volume of e-mails, we are currently only reachable by phone to a limited extent. You can reach our customer service at +49 211 668878110 Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 12:00 (CET) and between 14:00 und 16:00 (CET).
We want to give you the answers to the most frequently asked questions on this page so that you do not have to write us an email and have to wait a long time for an answer.
KEY INFORMATIONS PRELIMINARY:
- New bookings are possible without any problems. Simply book your desired holiday accommodation on our website and inform yourself in advance for any questions about your travel destination. Link tip: On the website https://reopen.europa.eu/en the European Union provides information on the travel regulations of the individual Member States on an ongoing basis.
- If you want to redeem a voucher, simply book the desired holiday accommodation on our website and enter the voucher code in the comment field when booking. The voucher amount will then be offset by us or - if the payment is made directly through the provider - refunded to you. Important: Only TUI Villas or atraveo vouchers issued by Wolters Reisen GmbH can be redeemed - no vouchers from other TUI companies.
- Current travel warnings, which apply to certain countries and regions, do not constitute a reason for a free cancellation. A travel warning is not a travel ban and, unlike a package tour, booking a holiday home is an individual tourist service. If you do not want to start your trip because of a travel warning, you only have the option of canceling your booking for a fee in accordance with the terms and conditions of the respective provider (see below for further information).
- For bookings made after March 15th, 2020, no more free cancellations or rebookings will be requested from the providers, because every citizen in Europe since then knew the extent of the global corona pandemic through the communication of official bodies and media reportings. A travel booking after this date is therefore a consciously accepted risk.
- All customers who have booked with us from one of the following providers should contact the provider directly for all queries: TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances, Frosch Ferienhaus, Sol og Strand, Interholiday. Our customer service can unfortunately not help you with these bookings.
- On this page we will keep you informed about current changes. Further information on developments and the measures taken to prevent further spread of the coronavirus can be found on the websites of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Federal Foreign Office, the European Union, the Robert Koch Institute or the Federal Centre for Health Education.
Your atraveo team
1. Can I withdraw from my upcoming booking free of charge?
Free cancellations due to Covid-19 are generally not possible. Holiday home booking are an individual service and no packeged tour. Bookings take place as planned. This applies in particular to bookings that have been made since March 15, 2020 since the extent of the global corona pandemic has been sufficiently known by the communication from official authorities and media reporting since then, at the latest. A travel booking after this date is therefore a consciously accepted risk.
A free cancellation or rebooking is only possible for trips to countries for which there is an official travel ban or a general ban on accommodation, which also includes holiday homes and apartments. However, there is no guarantee of free cancellation as this must be clarified in individual cases with the provider who is the contractual partner of the booking. Please also note the following section 2.
Trips to any other countries cannot be cancelled free of charge. From the provider's point of view, it is decisive whether the accommodation can be provided as such and this is currently the case in almost all European travel countries. A travel warning, obstacles on arrival, personal discomfort or a possible mandatory quarantine in the home country after returning from the holiday country are risks outside the responsibility of the provider and are not a reason for a free cancellation.
Likewise, the latest entry requirements for individual countries (e.g. registration via a form or submission of a current Covid 19 test) do not constitute a reason for a free cancellation! Before you arrive, please inquire about any requirements that may apply to your travel destination. For example the European Union provides up-to-date information on the travel regulations of the individual Member States on the website https://reopen.europa.eu/en. Further helpful information can be found on the websites of the respective tourist offices.
If you feel insecure about your upcoming trip or if for various reasons you are unable to travel to the booked accommodation, you have the option at this time to cancel the trip yourself in accordance with the provider's general terms and conditions. You will find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your property number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation scales. If you would like to cancel your trip yourself, please write an email with the word "Cancellation" plus your request number in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing this, you ensure that your cancellation request is always reached in good time and processed by us.
2. What if there is a travel warning or I would have to be quarantined on return?
Since booking a holiday home is an individual touristic service and not a package tour, free cancellations due to a travel warning are not possible. If you do not want to start your trip, you only have the option to cancel for a fee in accordance with the provider's general terms and conditions. Since the travel restrictions and bans in Europe have been lifted, people can basically travel freely again. A travel warning from the home country for a certain region or a certain country and / or quarantine regulations of the home country on return are no reason for a free cancellation. A travel warning is not a travel ban. It would be different if a country or a region forbids tourist accommodation in principle (as was the case in many European countries in spring, for example). In this case, the provider could not provide the holiday accommodation and the booked service could consequently not be provided.
As an online platform, atraveo brings holidaymakers and landlords together, regulates communication and in most cases also payment, but is not a tour operator and can therefore not proactively cancel bookings or decide on free cancellations as a gesture of goodwill. In any case, this is the responsibility of the provider of the holiday accommodation. In our experience, the vast majority of providers now rigorously insist on booked stays, which is why we no longer request rebooking or goodwill cancellations.
For a cancellation in accordance with the general terms and conditions of the provider due to a travel warning please contact our customer service at email@example.com or incase it is a booking with one of these providers TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances, Frosch Ferienhaus , Sol og Strand, Interchalet, who carry out the payment processing and communication themselves, directly the provider (see contact details below).
3. I've been waiting for an answer from you for a long time? Did you forget me?
Even if you have been waiting for a response from us for a long time, please be assured that we will not forget anyone and that everything will be processed.
A few important notes for customers who have contacted us and are waiting for an answer:
- If you have canceled your booking in accordance with the scale of the cancellation costs, the time at which you informed us of the cancellation request applies. Even if our answer is still pending, there is no danger that you will slip into a higher cancellation scale.
- If you have already contacted the provider yourself, agreed with him on the cancellation and all that is missing now is confirmation and reimbursement from us, please be patient. In this case, we ideally already have the cancellation request from you and the cancellation confirmation on the part of the provider in the system and have simply not yet come to your booking in the chronological processing of all open processes.
- If you have contacted us about a completely different matter about your future booking (e.g. question about equipment, subsequent booking of a certain service), we will definitely take care of your questions and requests. Our focus is currently on upcoming arrivals, which is why there are longer waiting times for bookings for late summer, autumn or winter. In many cases, most of the questions can also be answered by the travel documents, which are usually sent to you two weeks before arrival.
- Our big request to make it as easy as possible for us and other holidaymakers who are also waiting for an answer: Please refrain from further inquiries by e-mail if you are already waiting for an answer from us. No email will be forgotten and it is enough to contact us once about a matter. Processes are not automatically accelerated by further e-mails, since we are guided by e-mails received first as well as upcoming arrivals.
4. Where can I find an overview of the cancellation costs / the general terms and conditions?
You will find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your object number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation scales.
5. Do I still have to make my final payment, even if it is uncertain whether I can travel?
In any case, your final payment must be made by the specified date. Should there be a cancellation according to the general terms and conditions of the provider at a later date, we will of course refund the difference.
6. What about bookings in autumn or winter 2020?
According to the current status, all bookings take place. However, you have the option to cancel the booking yourself at this time in accordance with the general terms and conditions of the provider. You can find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your property number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation fees. If you want to cancel, let us know your cancellation request by email.
7. Can I redeem my TUI voucher at atraveo or TUI Villas?
Travel vouchers from TUI Deutschland GmbH and other TUI companies cannot be redeemed for a holiday home booking with atraveo or TUI Villas. Accordingly vouchers from TUI Ferienhaus (Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG) can only be redeemed directly at TUI Ferienhaus.
Here you will find informations and contact details for the tour operators TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances,Frosch Ferienhaus, Sol og Strand, Interholiday. If you have booked a holiday home via us from one of these providers, please contact the respective provider directly for questions and requests. Our customer service cannot help you, as these providers take care of payment processing and travel arrangements themselves and we have no insight into their systems. We strive to keep the most important information of the individual providers up to date; but please also check the providers' websites to see if there is a more current status. For questions about bookings with a provider other than the above mentioned, our customer service is your contact.
TUI Ferienhaus (Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co. KG)
Important: Please note that TUI Ferienhaus is the tour operator product of Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG, a subsidiary of Wolters Reisen GmbH. The information linked below applies exclusively to holiday homes from the portfolio of TUI Ferienhaus / Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG. These holiday homes are marked with the TUI Smile on tuivillas.com and atraveo.com. For all other accommodations brokered by TUI Villas/atraveo, the information and terms and conditions of the respective provider apply.
[Status 18-08-2020, 11:00 a.m.] Latest information:
Information on entry regulations, special features and cancellation regulations for individual travel destinations, which is updated daily, can be found here, along with answers to frequently asked questions:
Interchalet & Interhome
[Status 05-08-2020, 1:30 p.m.] Latest information:
"The majority of European borders are open up again. The current mandatory quarantine requirements for travel to a destination, as well as the return to the country of residence, remains a dynamic and ongoing process. Requirements and regulations that have been determined by national and international governments and health authorities still, of course, have to be met. The Holiday Home Division is therefore following the present situation closely and is in contact with the responsible authorities and agencies on-site. We will immediately update this site if the situation changes. Please note that the regulations of individual countries or regions can change very quickly at the moment.
If a journey cannot be taken due to an active travel warning, the booking will be cancelled free of charge. If the destination or the country of residence is listed as a region at risk and an obligatory quarantine imposed, each booking will be examined individually. Therefore, we kindly ask for your understanding should any delay occur due to the high number of customer requests at this time."
More information on the individual countries here: www.hhd.group/en/coronavirus
[Status 05-08-2020, 11:00 a.m.] Latest information:
"Due to the global pandemic of Covid-19 unforeseen changes in the regulations governing international travel have come into force. We understand very well that you have questions about your booked holiday home. Of course we would like to help you and provide clarity. Our customer service is currently flooded with questions, so answers by phone, email or social media unfortunately take longer than you are used to from us, for which we apologize.
To help you the best we can, we have compiled the most frequently asked questions about Covid-19 and your booking below. We hope this will give you more clarity. If you still have (additional) questions, please reach out to our Customer Service team. Thank you for your understanding.
We recommend that you keep abreast of the World Health Organization's guidelines and act accordingly."
All information: www.belvilla.com/service/faq
Center Parcs & Pierre et Vacances
[Status 05-08-2020, 4:15 p.m.] Latest information:
All Center Parcs holiday parks have now reopened.
All information - including vouchers and refunds - on:
[Status 05-08-2020, 5:00 p.m.]
"Dear holiday home guests,
We are currently only reachable by phone at limited times. We therefore recommend that you contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
Information on individual travel destinations:
Sol og Strand/Sonne und Strand
[Status 07-07-2020, 2:00 p.m.]
All information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found at:
Novasol / dansommer
[Status 07-07-2020, 12:00 a.m.]
Information on rebooking and cancellation due to Covid-19 can be found in the FAQ on the Novasol website: www.novasol.de/faq
Contact: email@example.com bzw. firstname.lastname@example.org
[Status 07-07-2020, 12:00 a.m.]
Contact by phone: 030-31196633 or via the contact form.
Further information on the website: www.holiday-home.de/
Disclaimer: Please note that the information on this page has been compiled to the best of our knowledge and we always endeavor to keep it up to date. Nevertheless, Wolters Reisen GmbH assumes no guarantee and liability for the accuracy of the information and the content of the linked websites. If in doubt, please inform yourself.